Neighborhood Partnerships is excited to announce that we will launch a mini Advocate’s College in Corvallis on Tuesday, March 20 and Monday, April 23. This is a shorter, less intensive version, but the same topics will be covered. Neighborhood Partnerships will offer this unique training opportunity to up to fifteen participants. We have several goals for this work.
- First and foremost, our goal is to support established leaders and communications professionals who are working to create an Oregon which offers its diversity of residents opportunities to thrive, pathways out of poverty and disenfranchisement and adequately supported public systems and structures as shared tools for these goals.
- Second, we want to train and support an emerging cadre of leaders and communicators as they work on issues and in cross-issue coalitions to develop messages and materials that resonate and move an advocacy agenda. We will select participants who have a clear issue focus and advocacy or campaign plan, a commitment to strategic communications, and a recognition that building public support for governmental action and resources is an underlying priority.
Participants will be selected based on their (and their organizations’) commitment to:
- advancing defined policy changes through a deliberate communication strategy
- block off time for this training and for development of communications materials
- grass roots or direct engagement in Oregon communities and in coalition efforts, and
- commitment to development of / use of a strong shared theme which reinforces the need for effective public structures and adequate and reasonable revenues
To apply, please fill out the application. It is due at Neighborhood Partnerships on or before March 1, 2012, and applications will be accepted until all spots are filled. Our application and pre training questionnaire are designed to help us select the cohort most able to put these skills into use and to tailor our sessions to support their progress.
If you have any questions about the application process, please email Janet.